As someone who has been blogging for a decade, I have seen the rise of sex toy review blogs grow steadily. I have tried since the start of my blogging career to stay ethical and inclusive in the choices that I make with my writing. Though this can not be said for all blogs that are out there. From using gendered language to taking underhanded means to raise their ranks on search engines. These blogs pump out reviews that are often written to sell the toy quickly, rather than give an honest opinion. Often blogs like my own, get lost in the rankings under these questionable blogs. But that is where the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers comes in!
Table of Contents
Who is The Alliance?
The Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers is a growing group of sex toy bloggers that know, trust, and hold each other accountable. Everyone on the list is an independent blogger in our own right. Sharing a network and code of conduct to uphold with each blog on the list.
Standards Upheld By Each Blog (in both Blog and Social Media):
- All products recommended are body-safe.
- All shops recommended are safe.
- Respect the diversity of gender and don’t gender sex toys as “male” or “female.”
- Written by people who are passionate about the subjects they cover, not by people who are only trying to make money. Many of us make some money but it isn’t the main reason we write.
- Bloggers in our alliance show honesty and authenticity in their reviews.
- Writers of the blogs in our alliance can demonstrate that they genuinely own ALL the products that they review and recommend.
- Bloggers are genuinely knowledgeable in their subjects. They don’t copy their content from elsewhere or “regurgitate” external content.
- No blogs in the alliance contain discrimination, hate or material indented to shame/exclude.
- No blogs in the alliance use questionable, unethical or uncompetitive methods to build links and advertise their website. In short — we are genuine bloggers.
- There is a preference that the blogs have been up for at least 1 year and have at least 16 reviews published.
Standards last updated Oct 10, 2021
The Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers List
Last updated April 16th 2023. Provided in alphabetical order.
- Witch of the Wands
Want to Join Us?
If you’d like to join the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers, please contact sextoytesteralliance(at)gmail(dot)com. Applications to join will be submitted to an anonymous group vote open to all other members, and approval will only be granted after a majority vote in your favor. Upon acceptance, you will need to post the membership list on your own blog, featuring dofollow links to all other members.